Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11000 password change prob (SOS)

aessome
Level 1
Level 1

hi guy,

my colleg try to change the password on the CSS and since it do this we are not able to get to the enable modus more. see this error message

------------------------------------

User Access Verification

Username:admin

Password:

Error in script playback line:1

>>>@prompt CSS1

^

%% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Script Playback cancelled.

CS800>

-----------

please help me to fix this prob . on the cisco site there are only a possibility to recover the password and this cann also done on the privillege mode

thanks for any help

Regard

Alain

1 Reply 1

pknoops
Level 3
Level 3

Allain,

You must have forgotten to put "superuser" on the end of the command line when you changed the "admin" password. It's a common mistake.

Anyway, here is what you need to do. Reboot the CSS. When the box begins to go through it's boot cycle, you will need to hit any key during the 5 second countdown to get into the Offline Diagnostic Menu. Once in the menu, choose these options

CS-x00 Offline Diagnostic Monitor, Version x.x

M A I N M E N U

Enter the number of a menu selection:

1* Set Boot Configuration

2. Show Boot Configuration

3* Advanced Options

4. Reboot System

At the above menu select Option 3. - 'Advanced Options'

A D V A N C E D O P T I O N S

1. Delete a Software Version

2* Security Options

3* Disk Options

r. Return to previous menu

At the above menu select Option 2

S E C U R I T Y O P T I O N S

1. Set Password Protection for Offline Diagnostic Monitor menu

2. Set Administrative Username and Password

r. Return to previous menu

Choose option 2 (NOT 1) at the above menu.

You are now prompt for a new admin equivalent username. DO NOT use "admin" here as the config will override what you do here. Use something like username: allain, password: allain

Once this is complete, back out to the main menu and reboot the CSS. When the CSS completes it's booting up, login as allain/allain and then rerun the password change function on the CSS that you originally users to change the password, but DO NOT forget to include "superuser" on the end of the line.

that should do it

Regards

Pete Knoops

Cisco Systems

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: