Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11500 - balancing upon src IP

k.lapczuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

My question is: is it possible and how, to balance upon the src IP address of the client. I mean some of the src addresses (for example: 192.168.100.0/24) are always using service1 and service 2 on VIP, and some others (192.168.200.0/24) service3. As I know, balance and advanced balance cannot do it (this is not configurable algorithm).

Regards,

Krzysztof

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Krzysztof

Yes you can load balance on the source ip address of the client. Here is a link that explains all the possible load balancing alogorithms you can use.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801579f2.html#wp1038118

HTH

Hi,

No, I dont't think it is written down there.

I need to configure the CSS so every time there is connection from the 192.168.0.0/24 client, it is redirected to one server group, and when from 192.168.1.0/24 it is redirected to another group. The addresses are just an example.

Krzysztof

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Krzysztof,

not sure what is the purpose of such a design.

Anyway, there is way to achieve this using ACL.

You have to match the source and use the option 'prefer '

But you can only select 1 service.

You could have 2 services in the content rule and let the traffic be loadbalanced between the 2 by default and for some sources use the prefer option to select a 3rd service.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: