Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11503 : File upload interuption

UHansen1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm faced with bit of a puzzle. When users are trying to upload a comma-separated file to the webserver through an SSL-session, offloaded on the CSS, the upload is repeatedly interupted. Always at the excact same bytecount. We've valited the content of the file and there's nothing wrong with it. When uploading the file directly to the webserver or via our ACE-module, everything works fine.

It doesn't happend everytime users try to upload files, sometimes repeated attempts makes the difference. And it's not a matter of size, as we've tested various filesizes rangeing from 5k to 5Mb.

I've tried to search for information related to a possible bug, but without success. We've traced the traffic, but the trace reveals nothing that would indicate why the upload is broken.

I'm running sw 7.30.2.03 (and yes, it's very old, but I'm currently migrating to ACE, so I'd hope to avoid the process of upgrading the CSS).

Any help will do.

Thanks

/Ulrich

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ulrich,

when you say interrupted, do you mean there is a RST being sent ?

Do you have a 'flow-timeout-multiplier' on your rule to avoid the connection to stay idle ?

Full config and trace would be helpful.

And yes, an upgrade would also be a good idea.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

I'm doing a new trace tomorrow to try and capture the entire flow and hopefully see, if a RST is being send. If the trace reveals something interesting, I'll post it along with the config, unless the problem reveals itself.

I haven't configured flow-timeout-multiplier, but I am looking into it.

Thanks for replying

/Ulrich

Hi Gilles,

I've produced a trace, capturing all trafik containing the customer clients src.addr.

The flow in question goes like this:

- Client connects to public vip on the css over ssl

- Client logs on to the site and begins uploading his file. It's a comma-separated file in a specific format designed to be processed in our backend. Howver, the webserver/wasserver performs no content-control, it simply passes the file through and stores it temporaroly before sending it to the backend.

- This customer faces the same problem everytime with this particular file. When the bytecount reaches 71704 bytes, the upload is interrupted. The funny thing is, when we manipulate with the content, the file passes through. E.g, we insert a blank space or replace a char with another. But the original file fails everytime, at the exact same spot.

I've downloaded the CSS-config and prepared the trace, but company policy forbids me from posting it on a public accesible website. Is there an email address I can submit this to?

Thanks

/Ulrich