cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS11506 Ethernet Management from remote subnet?

bensmith
Level 1
Level 1

Despite entering the correct 'gateway address' in the 'boot' config I can't get any of our 11506s to respond to telnet or web management connections to the ethernet management port from remote subnets (in subnet works). I'm aware this wasn't possible previously, but assumed that since specifying a gateway was now an option that this would work.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

as indicated in the documentation, this command ('gateway') will only be used during the boot of the CSS.

This for software download from a remote ftp server during the boot.

Once the box is up and running, this command has no effect.

CSS version 6.10 for the CSS110xx and CSS11800 will soon have a new command to configure static route on the management interface that would work for what you need.

However, there is nothing scheduled yet for the 11500 series.

Regards,

Gilles.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

as indicated in the documentation, this command ('gateway') will only be used during the boot of the CSS.

This for software download from a remote ftp server during the boot.

Once the box is up and running, this command has no effect.

CSS version 6.10 for the CSS110xx and CSS11800 will soon have a new command to configure static route on the management interface that would work for what you need.

However, there is nothing scheduled yet for the 11500 series.

Regards,

Gilles.

Thanks for the info - I couldn't find any reference in the docs re: this... must have been looking in the wrong place.

This is very frustrating and limiting for such an expensive and capable bit of kit, especially since the older models are due to be updated. Is there a sensible reason for this or am I just unlucky?

Your not the only person requesting this feature.

It's why it's finally coming out for the old platform and it should be available in the future for the CSS11500. I just don't know when.

If you have a Cisco representative, you can mention to him that you need this feature. The more people push to get it the sooner it will be ready.

Gilles.