Helpful
Replies

css11506 question - PCMCIA flash

julxu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

can I ask a simple question?

can I hot plug a flash card into css11506 without power the machine off?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

julxu

3 Replies 3

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Julxu,

Here you have what you are looking for:

"Removing a PCMCIA Disk

To remove a PCMCIA disk from the CSS:

1. Power down the CSS.

2. Power off the chassis by setting the power switch (or switches) to the O (off) position.

3. Locate the failed disk. If necessary, remove the PCMCIA cover

4. Press the ejector to the right of the disk, and slide the disk out. Figure 2 illustrates ejecting the disk

from slot 0.

Installing a PCMCIA Disk

To install a disk (refer to the previous figures):

1. Properly ground yourself prior to handling the disk, as noted on the previous page.

2. Insert the disk in the PCMCIA slot.

Note After you install a disk, you must wait 10 seconds before you can reseat or remove it.

3. With a Phillips screwdriver, replace the PCMCIA disk cover, then tighten the spring-loaded screws.

4. Power on and boot the CSS.

5. If you:

– Replaced a System disk containing the CSS software, use the Offline Diagnostic Monitor menu

to configure a primary location (or secondary location in a two-disk CSS) from which the CSS

accesses the boot image. By using the Offline Diagnostic Monitor menu, you can select the

software version currently on the new disk, if it is the same software version that was installed

on the original disk, or instruct the CSS where to locate a different version of the CSS software

ADI file. Refer to the Cisco Content Services Switch Administration Guide for details on using

the Offline DM menu and on upgrading the CSS software."

Here you got the entire document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/css11500series/installation/disk/note/dual_dsk.pdf

Hope this helps!!!

Jorge

thank Jorge

I know the procedure on doc. however, I want know if it can be hot swap.

that is, if I do not power off the system, can I insert the card into spare port (slot1)? like other system done.

Regards

julxu

No unfortunately the CSS is not hot-swappable at all. You need to
turn off the device, install, and restart

Jorge
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: