Views
Helpful
Replies

Current Connection is not released

meduyek238
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a ACE4710, I´m have a problem in a Serverfarm with two realservers.

The Server Farm is in configration mode Active-Standby with a probe SIP

serverfarm host testSBC

probe SIPSBC

rserver RLS_SBC

backup-rserver SBC_ACME

inservice

rserver SBC_ACME

inservice standby

probe sip udp SIPSBC

port 5060

interval 3

faildetect 1

passdetect interval 2

passdetect count 1

expect status 100 503

When the server is OPERATIONAL all the traffic is successfull, when I do the switchover over the Standby server, the traffic still is on the firs server, because the current connection is not realesed,  it is the problem. so, I could see that after 10 minutos aproximatly the connection current is release, and the traffic on the second server like operational is successful.

How can I tell to server, to kill the connection current, after the switchover or the Active server have failled, to the System Standby take all the traffic.

Maybe in the probe SIP, ??

Regards,

1 Reply 1

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is working as expected. The current connections are allowed to complete unless the server is unavailable. Below is from user guide:

In addition to putting a backup real server in inservice standby, another use of the inservice standby command is to provide the graceful shutdown of primary real servers. Use this command to gracefully shut down servers with sticky connections. When you enter this command for a primary real server, the ACE does the following:

•Tears down existing non-TCP connections to the server

•Allows current TCP connections to complete

•Allows new sticky connections for existing server connections that match entries in the sticky database

•Load balances all new connections (other than the matching sticky connections mentioned above) to the other servers in the server farm

•Eventually takes the server out of service

Let me know if that answers your question.

Regards,

Kanwal