cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Customize offline message when server probe failed.

rngai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can ACE Load Balancer teminate client connection with a customized html message (eg: server is offline for maintenance) when 2 rserver are down or probe is failing?

Assuming there are 2 rserver defined in a serverfarm with a probe configured for port 80. Then both rserver died and the client gets an error/timeout. Is it possible the Load Balancer display a html webpage to client? If it can't, can I put an external URL so the Load Balancer will redirect to this URL when both rserver died? I have no experience with tcl if it can achieve this, so any other input or suggestion are welcome.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ryan,

It can be achieved by redirecting the user to another server farm that will display the message.

This is also called a "Sorry Server Farm" and there is an explanation of how it can be configured under the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA4_1_0/configuration/slb/guide/classlb.html#wpxref70683

Regards,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ryan,

It can be achieved by redirecting the user to another server farm that will display the message.

This is also called a "Sorry Server Farm" and there is an explanation of how it can be configured under the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA4_1_0/configuration/slb/guide/classlb.html#wpxref70683

Regards,

Nicolas

Hello Ryan!

The ACE is not a webserver, so the ACE will not be able to send a website to the client. Only thing that is possible is like Nicolas told you.

Cheers,

Marko

Thanks Nicolas, Thanks Marko.

This is helpful and answered my question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: