Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cutting / Pasting config into CSS11503

I'm using Putty to cut/paste configs from a .txt file onto a CSS11503. The CSS seems to take the first line only, it pastes the other lines but the commands are not taken.

Any ideas on if there's a way around this, so I don't have to paste 1 line at a time.

Thank you in advance!!

2 REPLIES

Re: Cutting / Pasting config into CSS11503

Hi Manjit,

There is no way other then copy paste one line at a time as the CSS will go into differnt modes as depend upon the type of command you have typed in config mode.

Suppose after config mode you go into owner mode.

Then from owner mode you go to to content mode.

SO you can copy paste the commands which are applicable in that mode . All commands applicable for the same mode can be pasted all at a time but commands for differnt mode cannot be pasted in a one go.

Like after creating content , when entering the parameters for the content then you can paste more then one line if all those commands are applicable in content mode only.

There is no way like you asked because we also work like this in the starting, even sometimes adding more then one line hangs the css also. SO be cautious.

Kind Regards,

Sachin Garg

Re: Cutting / Pasting config into CSS11503

when you paste all comands in a one go css thnks you have entered wrong command in the mode , as if the first command is applicable to that mode, after enetring that command the command mode changes.

It is not taking other command , just taking first command because the first command is applicable to the mode and rest of the commands are not for that mode.

So you have to follow the procedue as i have told you above.

Kind regards.

If this way works for you plz inform me.

Sachin Garg

Views
Helpful
Replies