Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

d

d

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
New Member

Re: ACE SLB 4710 resource allocation

Resource allocation doesn't work in the way you think it does.

When you allocate a minimum resource to a context that cannot be used by another context because once you allocate a minimum it is partitioned off and not available to be shared. In doing so the maximum available resource becomes less than 100%.

For example.

Minimum resource allocation of 10% leaves 90% left for other contexts

Minimum resource allocation of 20% leaves 80% left for other contexts

Minimum resource allocation of 30% leaves 70% left for other contexts

Minimum resource allocation of 40% leaves 60% left for other contexts

And so on ....

In your post you have allocated 35.55% + 35.55% to the two contexts. 35.55+35.55 = 70.10% of partitioned resource that is not available to other contexts.

Now 100% - 70.10% = Maximum available resource of 29.90% which is less than the minimum of 35.55% you have specified ... this is why the figures are reversed for maximum and minimum.

I'd advise you to drop the minimum resource for the two context to around 5-10% but still keep the same maximum. That should correct the figures to what you were expecting to see.

This is covered in the ACE Configuration Guides.

1 REPLY
New Member

Re: ACE SLB 4710 resource allocation

Resource allocation doesn't work in the way you think it does.

When you allocate a minimum resource to a context that cannot be used by another context because once you allocate a minimum it is partitioned off and not available to be shared. In doing so the maximum available resource becomes less than 100%.

For example.

Minimum resource allocation of 10% leaves 90% left for other contexts

Minimum resource allocation of 20% leaves 80% left for other contexts

Minimum resource allocation of 30% leaves 70% left for other contexts

Minimum resource allocation of 40% leaves 60% left for other contexts

And so on ....

In your post you have allocated 35.55% + 35.55% to the two contexts. 35.55+35.55 = 70.10% of partitioned resource that is not available to other contexts.

Now 100% - 70.10% = Maximum available resource of 29.90% which is less than the minimum of 35.55% you have specified ... this is why the figures are reversed for maximum and minimum.

I'd advise you to drop the minimum resource for the two context to around 5-10% but still keep the same maximum. That should correct the figures to what you were expecting to see.

This is covered in the ACE Configuration Guides.

266
Views
0
Helpful
1
Replies
CreatePlease to create content