One of my customer needs a Disaster Recovery Solution for following scenario:
- Primary Data Center is at SITE A, and the Backup Data Center is at SITE B.
- Clients are located at multiple other branch offices.
- Interconnectivity b/w all sites is on MPLS VPN. All sites have point-to-point connection to MPLS cloud.
- SITE A connects to MPLS cloud using dual 7206VXR routers. Each 7206 has dual E3 links. SITE B also has similary scenario.
- Branch Offices connect to MPLS cloud using single 2800 router. Each 2800 has single E1 link.
- Traffic is IP only.
The customer wants to do this:
1. If SITE A is up and SERVER A is down, the client to server traffic should be redirected towards SERVER B at SITE B. When Server A becomes available again, traffic should be redirected back to Server A.
2. If SITE A is down (obviously SERVER A will also become unavailable) the traffic should again be redirected towards SERVER B at SITE B. When SITE A becomes available again, traffic should be redirected back to Server A.
Actually the customer wants to do achieve his target with minimum investment. I already gave him a solution based on GSS and CSS, but he is not willing to go for it due to cost.
What I have in mind is to utilize IOS SLB feature in 7200's. I will advertise a single Virtual Server IP from SITE A and SITE B, with SITE A having a smaller metric. Theoritically, I believe it should work. What do you think?
Introduction This article will help you understand the steps on how to
download the UCS licenses from the Cisco Systems website and then
installing it on the UCS. The redacted (blue lines) just covers up
certain numbers for privacy please do not take them...
Introduction This article will help you understand and educate the
customer on how to clear their "expired licenses"
(license-graceperiod-expired) from their UCS-M. If a customer just
purchased a license and needs a step by step guide on how to download
==================== VIC FNIC driver does not support Virtual Volumes (
second level LUN ID ) An enhancement request has been created to track
this feature - CSCux64473 UPDATE - 12-14-2016 We made some traction on
the enhancement request - The Fix is in t...