cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

difference between cookie

kirit_patel
Level 1
Level 1

I am kind of confused whats the difference between advance-balance arrowpoint-cookie and advance-balance cookies because when I do show rule XXXX I see

Advanced Balance: ArrowPoint Cookie

if i configure the content rule with advance-balance arrowpoint-cookie and advance-balance cookies

3 Replies 3

advance-balance cookie “sticks” the client to a server based on the cookie set by the Real Server.

advance-balance arrowpoint-cookie “sticks” the client to a server based on the cookie inserted by CSS (on behalf of Real Server). You will use this command only if you want CSS to insert cookies in the server response and stick sessions based on this CSS inserted cookie.

Syed

syed thanks so how do u implement JESSIONID to be used on a CSS and ACE. What if you don't know the cookie supplied by the server in terms of the length . Lets say if the cookie supplied by the real server is 30 character or maybe 9 gow do u configure the ace and css to recognize this?

In case of Jsession ID there is a part of cookie that remains unique for each server.

In CSS you will use something like the following (It tells CSS to just look for 32 chars after JSESSIONID

content xyz

vip address X.X.X.X

protocol tcp

port 80

url "/app1/*"

add service app-svr-1

add service app-svr-2

string process-length 32

string prefix "JSESSIONID="

advanced-balance cookies

active

Other options on CSS includes

"string-range command" to specify the starting and ending byte positions , "string skip-length number"

How many bytes to skip after the end of the prefix

Consult CSS config guide for more examples.

ON ACE

"cookie offset 53 length 10" Under stick configurtaion will tell ACE to look after 53 bytes & look for next 10 bytes for stickiness.

for e.g

sticky http-cookie JSESSIONID syed-sticky

cookie offset 53 length 10

serverfarm APP1-Serverfarm

Syed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: