Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Do arrowpoint-cookies use "string range"?

I can't find any document mentioning whether or not "advanced-balance arrowpoint-cookie" uses the "string range" setting in a content rule to determine how far to look down the cookie string to find the ARPT cookie. The default setting in the rule is "1 to 100", so if I have a cookie string that looks like this (from a sniffer trace):

HTTP: 12: Cookie: $Version=0; XSESSIONID=Qy8PilVehwrIFD8Fs6tqzbIhtSFe3Qer9Euu2qGE4Ygz1nx29238F0FuFPS!=1730213783!=2102771864!8161!7002; ARPT=OZOMIVS172.16.1.20CK00J; preloginFlag=yes; termsflag=yes

The arrowpoint cookie ARPT is more than 100 characters into the string, so will the CSS not see this cookie and send a new one (thereby rebalancing, possibly to a new server)? Or does advanced-balance arrowpoint-cookie always look through the entire cookie string?

I haven't been able to lab test this, so I was wondering if anyone knew for sure?

Thanks,

Paul

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Do arrowpoint-cookies use "string range"?

Paul,

for arrowpoint cookie the CSS will look in the first 6 packets - whatever the size.

You can increase or decrease this value with the command

CSS11503(config)# spanning-packets ?

Integer value(Range: 1-20)

The string range has no effect for arrowpoint-cookie.

Regards,

Gilles.

Thanks for rating this answer.

Views
Helpful
Replies