Views
Helpful
Replies

Does anyone know how to trace firewall and load balancers in datacenter

Sagar Purohit
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to trace firewall and load balancers in datacenter

As i was drawing the network design of my existing datacenter i am able to trace router and switches but was unable to find the firewall and loadbalancer

please do help if anyone knows

5 Replies 5

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sagar,

I'm afraid I don't really understand your answer. Can you please give me more details on what exactly you are trying to achieve?

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I am working in a MNC and the company has huge datacenter so to understand the architecture I was making the network diagram of datacenter, using "sh cdp ne" I am able to trace the routers and switches located in datacenter but there would be many other devices in datacenter like Cisco ACE, CSS, ASA etc so if i want to trace these devices to place in my data center network diagram then how should i do that. As i have total access to all these devices.

this is what i exactly wanted to know

thanks

Sagar

Hi Sagar,

I cannot reply for the ASA since I'm not really familiar with it, but, as far as CSS and ACE are concerned, getting the topology information through CDP is not going to be easy.

ACE doesn't support CDP at all, it's only partially supported on the CSS. The CSS can be configured to send CDP advertisements (disabled by default), but it's not able to receive them.

For all these devices that don't support CDP your best approach is probably to go physically to the datacenter and look at the cabling directly.

I wish I could give you a better answer

Daniel

Thanks Daniel but can't do the same as i m in India and my datacenter is in us

I am interested to learn load balancer concepts (ace,css,f5) can you suggest me where would i get study materials/nuggets for the same as i searched a lot but was unable to find specially for f5.

Thanks

Hi Sagar,

F5 is a different vendor, so you are obviously not going to find any documentation here. They should have some documentation in their own webpage

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: