cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the 560 need to be on the same network as the router?

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

Does the 560 need to be locally attached the router that is running wccp?

Also, can the 2nd ethernet port be used to cache? When I try to configure it, its says configure interface 1 denied.

Seth

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you should be able to with ACNS latest software.

However, there was some IOS bug when 2 interfaces were being used on the cache. So a recent IOS software will be needed.

Finally, why do you want to use the 2nd interface ?

Most of the time it is not needed and it creates more trouble than benefit.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

The cache engine is generally located on the ethernet interface of the router.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/117/wccp/wccp2.html

jfoerster
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Seth,

first of all the only thing necessary as far as I know is that the routing between the router and CE is okay. If you do not need/use L2-rewrite there is no need for a directly connected interface.

Regarding the second question: What do you want to achive with the 2nd interface redudancy or sepration of requests from clients and requests towards the server?

Regards,

Joerg

I was looking to place the second interface on another path outbound. Can I use both at the same time? They would be with the same router.

Seth

you should be able to with ACNS latest software.

However, there was some IOS bug when 2 interfaces were being used on the cache. So a recent IOS software will be needed.

Finally, why do you want to use the 2nd interface ?

Most of the time it is not needed and it creates more trouble than benefit.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: