Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit IP pool

Hi,

I have an IP pool reserved to a site on my network (using Cisco DNA center), and a design flaw coused that the ip pool is full. 
Can I edit the pool? I dont want to delete it and create another one or create another pool that will assosiate to a new vlan.

Appreciate your support.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per DNAC planning, that is one of the part mentioned when planning pools are very important looking at long plan.

as per my plan we used /16 RFC address - never got chance to change this. if this is coming from DHCP server then you can change at DHCP Server, again what pools we are considering here.

but as per admin docs you can edit the pools :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/dna-center/2-3-3/user_guide/b_cisco_dna_center_ug_2_3_3/m_configure-network-settings.html#id_114758

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thank you for your answer! 
I already tried to edit like mention on the guid, maybe I have a bug because I stil cant edit. 

I already tried to edit like mention on the guide - we did not see this information when you posted in the first instance, so hence the guide.

you are not provided what version DNAC ? do you have enough rights  ? what user you using ?

can you post a screenshot for us to understand the issue? is this Pool from DHCP or IPAM from DNAC ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

In Cisco DNA Center, if you have an IP pool reserved for a site on your network and it has become full due to a design flaw, you can edit the IP pool without the need to delete it and create a new one or associate a new VLAN.

Here are the general steps to edit an IP pool in Cisco DNA Center:

1. Log in to Cisco DNA Center: Access the Cisco DNA Center web interface using your credentials.

2. Navigate to IP Pools: Go to the Network Settings section or the area where IP pools are managed within Cisco DNA Center.

3. Locate the IP pool: Find the IP pool that you want to edit. It should correspond to the site or location where the design flaw occurred.

4. Edit the IP pool: Select the IP pool and look for an option or button to edit it. This may vary depending on the specific version of Cisco DNA Center you are using. Typically, there should be an edit or modify option available.

5. Adjust the IP pool parameters: In the IP pool editing interface, you can modify various parameters such as the range of IP addresses, subnet mask, gateway, DNS servers, and any other relevant settings. Make the necessary adjustments to accommodate your network requirements and address the design flaw.

6. Save the changes: Once you have made the necessary edits to the IP pool, save the changes. Verify that the IP pool modifications have been applied successfully.

By following these steps, you should be able to edit the existing IP pool in Cisco DNA Center and make the necessary adjustments to resolve the design flaw without the need to delete and recreate the pool or create a new VLAN.

Please note that the specific steps and options may vary depending on the version of Cisco DNA Center you are using and the configuration of your network. It is recommended to consult the Cisco DNA Center documentation or reach out to Cisco support for detailed instructions and guidance specific to your environment.

https://www.marykayintouch.website/