Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

excluding the license files during the ACE restore

Hi,

We will be recovering the ACE, running A5(2.1), during the upcoming DR test and, since the recovered ACE will already have the license file, I was wondering if we could use the exclude option when restoring the ACE, as in the following:

Restore all disk0:archive_filename exclude (licenses | ssl-files)

This would allow us to restore all the contents in a one felt swoop.

I looked up the above command in the Admin Guide, however never tried it as we don't have the ACE test bed.

Thanks.

_Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,This should work fine

Hi Greg,

This should work fine. But honestly, i haven't tried this myself either. It is mentioned in  the documentation and things are tested before they make it there. Checked other cases too. Just keep note of the below:

"If you upgrade to software version A4(1.0) or later from a release before A4(1.0), the ACE cannot install the earlier license files because they are unsupported. The ACE ignores these license files and keeps the existing licenses".

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,This should work fine

Hi Greg,

This should work fine. But honestly, i haven't tried this myself either. It is mentioned in  the documentation and things are tested before they make it there. Checked other cases too. Just keep note of the below:

"If you upgrade to software version A4(1.0) or later from a release before A4(1.0), the ACE cannot install the earlier license files because they are unsupported. The ACE ignores these license files and keeps the existing licenses".

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Community Member

thanks for your reply - very

thanks for your reply - very helpful as always...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content