cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GSLB in a primary/secondary failover method without load balancing...

charles.kim
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured 2x CSS 11503 according to the documentation for GSLB using DNS. Basically, there are 2 sites, Westcoast & Eastcoast. The west will be primary and the east will be secondary. Each site has one or more web servers serving the same content. No load balancing is needed between the west and east coast... only failover. If the west silo or CSS is not available, fail to the CSS and web servers on the east coast.

After configuring this according to the documentation, the "test" site is being round robin between the two locations. I made sure to specify dnsbalance preferlocal but this did not change the behavior. One of the questions that comes to mind, does DNS and the a records etc need to be configured beyond what is shown within the documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_configuration_example09186a00801dcd75.shtml

3 Replies 3

charles.kim
Level 1
Level 1

bump!

here is some more info...

I have already configured the GSLB according to the following example...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_configuration_example09186a00801dcd75.shtml

My problem is that the backup responds to every other request for WWW. I have specified preferlocal, but it seems to prefer roundrobin. The www requests should only be answered by the primary VIP until the primary fails.

Any help would be appreciated.

charles.kim
Level 1
Level 1

I have answered my own questions... This confiuration does work without a GSS. Just be sure to point the NS record at the correct IP .. lol

I am now trying to work out the other intangibles. thanks anyways.

btw... the link smaple config is missing other pertinent configurations in order to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: