Views
Helpful
Replies

GSLB probes in redundant CSM setup

pkrohn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

When using leastloaded in GSLB setup a probe is needed to get load data from remote CSM. Is it possible to initiate probes from specific interface on CSM?

Does the secondary unit in a ft setup make own probes, or is it updated on the load from the primary?

Right now I have a situation where probes from a CSM is sent with the source IP adr. belonging in one vlan out another - there is no bridging between theese vlans.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no way to chose the source ip address.

I believe the CSM will select the ip of the outgoing vlan.

So, if you want to use the ip address of a specific vlan, you could try to set a static route for the remote end on this vlan.

The secondary unit will have to setup its own probes.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles -

Many thanks for your fast answer.

Yes - the way to control it is to define routing within the vlan that I want to source the address. Came to the same conclusion, and it works. What really bothered me was to discover traffic sourced from one vlan interface in another vlan (especially because it is a DMZ setup). My problem was that I had defined gateway command on several client vlan interfaces. Is there a way to se the routing table of the CSM?

Rgds Peter

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: