cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS and ACE stop communicating after an hour

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I have a client that I recently replaced their GSS's for and last evening I cut them over to an HA pair of ACE 4700's.  After about an hour, it looks like the GSS and ACE stopped communicating with each other.  When this happened, they switched back over to the old CSS appliances and everything came back up fine.  Apparently this happened the last time they tried to cutover to the ACE and they contacted TAC.  TAC told them the issue happened because the GSS's they were running at the time were EOL.  So now, with brand new GSS's, they are experiencing the same issue. 

As of now, the ACE's are offline and I cannot get into them to see what the issue may be.  We tested the sites out last night after the cutover and everything seemed fine.  There was one minor problem that I resolved quickly, but that was it and then we left.  The client started getting emails about an hour later about their main website being down. 

They do have the ACE logging to a syslog server, so we will look at that to see if there is anything relavent. 

Has anyone ever experienced this issue?  If so, what did you do to resolve it?  I suggested that we bring up a test site to use through the GSS/ACE and see what happens.  They have another CSS that they can run their sites through, so this option will work without taking down all of their other sites. 

TIA for any suggestions.

Dan

1 Reply 1

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

Dan, nothing obvious springs to mind. I dont mind taking a look at whatever doc you have. It might be easier to open a tac case. If you do, ask it to be assigned to me (mwinnett@cisco.com) and we can take a look. Matthew