Helpful
Replies

GSS installation

USAMA_BAKRY
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Topology brief:

I have got one new GSS in my topology to load balance between two data center DC1 and DC2.

The site domain will be served is like > AAA.com >> 1.1.1.1

The GSS will be > gss1.AAA.com >> 2.2.2.2

Issue brief:

- My issue that I the customer has another company with different domain name link >BBB.com>> 4.4.4.4 but the two companies has the same data centers.

- Regarding to this the customer need to use the same GSS to load balance over the two data centers for domain AAA.com and the two data centers for BBB.com.

Questions:

- Regarding to this can I use one GSS for load balance those two domains at the same time?

- If yes, if I already have the GSS host name related to one domain (gss1.AAA.com) what about the other domain?

- In general in GSS deployment after physical installation and configuration, when I contact the Authorized DNS provider who has my NS record what exactly should I asked him to do to be able to put my GSS in use?

Thanks in advance

Usama Bakry

1 Reply 1

Kristopher Martinez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usama,

Yes, the GSS can return A-records for multiple domains. The GSS hostname would remain the same gss1.aaa.com.

You will need to make the GSS devices authoritative for all of the GSLB domains behind them. If you have two GSS devices (gss1 and gss2), both devices would be given to your DNS provider as authoritative name servers for aaa.com and bbb.com.

This link goes over the GSS domain delegation in detail:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/gss4400series/v3.1/configuration/gui/gslb/guide/Intro.html#wp1037988

Regards

Kris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: