Views
Helpful
Replies

GSS support in CiscoWorks

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

This is a question about CiscoWorks support for GSS...

If you look in this file:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/device_support/table/lms31sdt.html

You see that the GSS 4490 is listed but has no support for config management / inventory / software management - in fact really nothing seems to be supported. So, say I had a bunch of GSS 4491 and 4492 what could I expect to achieve with CiscoWorks? Are these models supported at all? And if they are supported would CiscoWorks bring any value?

thanks,

Andrew.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you are right.

With GSS 2.x thats the only feature you get with CiscoWorks.

I was told that GSS v3 which will be out very soon has an expanded MIB that will enable management/monitoring using CW.

Syed

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

As per my knowledge the syslog format used by GSS is now compatible with CW (prviously it was not) but configuration modification

is not possible with CW.

Syed

Hi syed,

Are you saying that GSS 4491 and 4492 are supported in Ciscoworks? - but the only thing supported is syslog?

thanks,

Andrew.

Yes you are right.

With GSS 2.x thats the only feature you get with CiscoWorks.

I was told that GSS v3 which will be out very soon has an expanded MIB that will enable management/monitoring using CW.

Syed

Hi,

I just checked the release notes for v3 (it's already out) and there's nothing there yet. I'll take it up with our account team and see if there will ever be any support.

thanks,

Andrew.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: