Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Writing a Cisco PfR API?

Peter Hummon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've been assigned to write a custom API to monitor our network's PfR configuration. I've looked high and low across the Web for documentation on developing a PfR / OER API, but all I can seem to find are (A) the commands you put into the router to accept an external API's input, and (B) some sales text about how Fluke has developed their own API product for PfR.

Can anyone point me to a website or book which talks about how to actually code and debug a custom API for PfR/OER? I'd be extremely grateful.

Many thanks!

-Pete

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think this is not the right place to ask this question, your best bid would be http://developer.cisco.com, this is the cisco developers forum, there is a section for members, but there is a public one.

Go to the AXP section and drop your question there.

Although the main problem is that even network professional still don't understand OER/PfR well, and not many documents about the implementation itself, so I doubt there will be somebody other than Cisco R&D team who have wrote an API for this.

HTH

Mohammed Khair Khomakho CCIE Routing and Switching #26682

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I think this is not the right place to ask this question, your best bid would be http://developer.cisco.com, this is the cisco developers forum, there is a section for members, but there is a public one.

Go to the AXP section and drop your question there.

Although the main problem is that even network professional still don't understand OER/PfR well, and not many documents about the implementation itself, so I doubt there will be somebody other than Cisco R&D team who have wrote an API for this.

HTH

Mohammed Khair Khomakho CCIE Routing and Switching #26682

Awesome, thanks.  Didn't realize I posted on the wrong board - will do that immediately.  Much appreciated!

-P