cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can integrate IPS and WAAS???

julios
Level 1
Level 1

I have been working a lot with troubles to integrate an IPS 4240 in my WAAS plataform. A lot of signatures comes up when I have actived IPS. I found out some tips about disabled specific signatures and install the appliance in IDS mode.

¿Anybody known how i can conduct a transparently integration with these technologies?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

When the IPS sensor is placed outside of the optimization path, then both IPS and WAAS will work well. The IPS sensor blocks the TCP option 21 that WAAS uses to initiate the WAAS setup. The IPS sensor cannot handle the sequence number manipulation that WAAS currently uses. It's outside the RFC and the sensor will block those packets by default.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jbayuka
Level 5
Level 5

When the IPS sensor is placed outside of the optimization path, then both IPS and WAAS will work well. The IPS sensor blocks the TCP option 21 that WAAS uses to initiate the WAAS setup. The IPS sensor cannot handle the sequence number manipulation that WAAS currently uses. It's outside the RFC and the sensor will block those packets by default.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: