Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you carve up your allocations for each vACE (context) - 4710

grichardson661
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been looking into the most efficient way to carve up the allocations (in the resource-class's) for each context in a multi-tenanted environment.

I've been looking at deploying a resource-class per context. Each resource-class would allocate all resources at 20 to 30%. Within each context under the rserver I would rate-limit the bandwidth and connections to meet the requirements. And all other resources would be monitored. By having a resource-class per context allows you to increase or decrease resources should this be required depending on load.

What are your thoughts? Or would you create a context and allocate each resource a percentage based around the design requirements? For example, context B, requires 10Mb through put, 20,000 concurrent connections etc...

Cheers,

2 Replies 2

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

The guide should give you an idea of how to manage resources on ACE. Like you said you can always increase or decrease resources depending on the load.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_%28ACE%29_Troubleshooting_Guide_--_Managing_Resources

Regards,

Siva

Ok thanks Sivaksiv, i'll have a read.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: