Views
Helpful
Replies

how to balance the load between two Web-Servers using CCS 11501

eahmed007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can anyone tell me to balance the load in CSS 11503.My client's having two Web-servers which IP address 10.20.7.53(server1) and 10.20.7.53(Server2).Now i have configured  Load-balancing to balance the load within this two servers.So i configured one VIP(10.20.7.62) in the CSS 11503 to share the load.But whenever client wants to access the application using 10.20.7.62:7001/cm .then they are not able to connect.When they are giving 10.20.7.53:7001/cm and 10.20.7.54:7001/cm  in different Server's IP,then they able to connect the server and application.The two Web-servers are running Web-logic.

Can anyone tell me when clients request for the application using VIP,are they able get the application.From my point of view,I already configured owner,Service and content rules for load balancing.

Please find the attached configuration file for your convenience.

Thanks and regards...

Erfan

27 Replies 27

Hi,

Thanks for your update and help.I didn't get your point that you said for each client for one server.ok i will do as you said for DNS server and let you know.Now i am facing one more problem,if i down any one of Web server , the web-page is not coming using  http://10.20.7.62:7001/cm/  .But we have to consider this situation also.If any one server get down we have to access Web-server using http://10.20.7.62:7001/cm/. Can you tell me why its happening like that.I am sending you the lattest configuration file for your convenicence.Please check.thanks for your help and assistance.In the configuration i add Group.Is it required ??  In the Web-server there is no firewall.

I am keenly waiting for your reply.......

Thanks and regards...

Erfan

Hi,

I am eagerly waiting for your reply.Its been great to get help from you.Please assist as per my previous mail if possible.

Thanks and regards...

Erfan

maybe you could reward the person who assisted you by rating his response.

Regarding your new issue, does the CSS detect the server is down ?

You are using the default icmp probe, so if the application is down, but the server is still up, the CSS will consider the application is still alive.

You may have to configure an http probe or a tcp probe.

Also, if a server goes down and you have a connection open with that server, when this server goes down, the CSS will not automatically reassign the connection to the other server.

You need to refresh the page in your browser so that a new connection is established and sent to the active server.

Gilles.

Hi,

Thanks for your update.you are right.If i get down the service of one of the servers,then application is not coming But i have to consider this situation.So can you tell me how can i configure CSS to solve this problem.I am really greatful to you guys for your help and support and looking forward to your reply.Definitely  I would rate this response.

Can you tell me how to configure an http probe or a tcp probe to solve the problem in CSS.

Thanks and regards..

Erfan

Giles is correct with what he said. Thank you.

What you have to configure now is a keep alive for the port your service is using

service Web-server-1
  ip address 10.20.7.53
  protocol tcp
  port 7001
  keepalive type tcp
  active

service Web-server-2
  ip address 10.20.7.54
  protocol tcp
  port 7001
  keepalive type tcp
  active

But  remember like giles said a page might still need to be refreshed from a client side to change the connection to the new server. Unless you are using so javascript push technology like Comet to force a page change from the server. But that is outsie the scope of this thread and would have to be done by your web application developers.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and i will let you know the update after adding keep alive type tcp.

Thanks again for your help

Thanks and regards...

Erfan

Hi,

Thanks for your help.Everything is working fine.Its been nice to work with you .Hope  that i will get help from you guys in near future also.

Thanks and regards...

Erfan

Hi Glenn,

Hope you are doing fine.Now i am facing a problem in CCS 11501.I have configured the load Balancer as per your advice and it was working fine.Now its having problem we client wants to login one of the two servers using virtual IP address of load Balancer,First it login one server after sometime its redirect the session to other server.So its creating a problem to save the content and input data.When client again login to one of the server ,He doesn't get any data which he saved before.Need your assistance  on this issue.

Should i have to do anyting else to overcome this problem.I am sending the configuration file for your convenience.

It would be highly appreciated if you response and eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks and regards..

Erfan

Erfan,

Suspend the group setting and test again.

# group servers

# suspent

# exit

# wr mem

I have not used group before but will have a quick read and let you know.

What IP Adresses are the clients comming from ?

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your reply.Can you tell me that is it happening for Group servers or some other reason.For you information,client is using different network.If you need any other information,please let me know.

Main problem is that after some time client's session is redirecting to another server which i mentioned in my previous mail.Please help me to solve the problem.I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanks and regards..

Erfan

Hi Glenn,

Hope you are doing fine.I am eagerly looking forward to your valuable comments and need your assistance on my previous response.

Please help me to resolve the problem.

Thanks and regards...

Erfan

What happens when you remove the group and associated configuration ?

Hi Glenn,

Sorry for late reply.I will let you know the update soon after removing the Group and associated configuration.

Thanks for your help and reply.

Thanks and regards..

Erfan