Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to force master in VIP and int redundancy

Do the commands "redundancy force-master" and "ip redundancy master" work when using VIP and virtual interface redundancy? The documentation seems to speak of those commands in a box-to-box redundancy context. I know there are caveats to using them together. My preference is to use redundancy force-master if it will work, since that is not saved in the config.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to force master in VIP and int redundancy

There is no such command for VIP Redundancy

You can use one of the following options to achieve this

* physically removing one of the upstream or downstream cables

*changing the preempt command in the configuration, first remove it form the master, then add it to the backup and it will take master ship of the virtual routers

* making the critical service to fail (do not suspend, that won?t trigger the failover)

Hope it helps

Syed Iftekhar ahmed

2 REPLIES

There is no such command for VIP Redundancy

You can use one of the following options to achieve this

* physically removing one of the upstream or downstream cables

*changing the preempt command in the configuration, first remove it form the master, then add it to the backup and it will take master ship of the virtual routers

* making the critical service to fail (do not suspend, that won?t trigger the failover)

Hope it helps

Syed Iftekhar ahmed

Thanks, Syed. I have used the preempt option before, but I was hoping there was a simpler way.

Views
Helpful
Replies