cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to force master in VIP and int redundancy

eleibowitz
Level 1
Level 1

Do the commands "redundancy force-master" and "ip redundancy master" work when using VIP and virtual interface redundancy? The documentation seems to speak of those commands in a box-to-box redundancy context. I know there are caveats to using them together. My preference is to use redundancy force-master if it will work, since that is not saved in the config.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no such command for VIP Redundancy

You can use one of the following options to achieve this

* physically removing one of the upstream or downstream cables

*changing the preempt command in the configuration, first remove it form the master, then add it to the backup and it will take master ship of the virtual routers

* making the critical service to fail (do not suspend, that won?t trigger the failover)

Hope it helps

Syed Iftekhar ahmed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

There is no such command for VIP Redundancy

You can use one of the following options to achieve this

* physically removing one of the upstream or downstream cables

*changing the preempt command in the configuration, first remove it form the master, then add it to the backup and it will take master ship of the virtual routers

* making the critical service to fail (do not suspend, that won?t trigger the failover)

Hope it helps

Syed Iftekhar ahmed

Thanks, Syed. I have used the preempt option before, but I was hoping there was a simpler way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: