Views
Helpful
Replies

How to initiate communication between Real Servers and Servers (Client VLAN

kaustav.gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to initiate communication between Real Servers in a Server Farm with Servers located in Client Vlan.

Ping from outside servers are able to ping the VIP but real servers cannot ping the Outside servers.

I have added the command :

static nat virtual

Is there anything else need to be done. Need help urgently

Regards

Kas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I do not think this is a CSM issue.

The config is ok and there is nothing required to allow this traffic through the CSM.

I would suggest to sniff vlan 2 and see if the traffic from the Real servers is coming out correctly nated by the CSM and if a response is received from the Database Server.

Could be the firewall blocking this traffic.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

could we get some more info.

IP of the Real servers.

IP of the destination. Is it a VIP or is the real destination ip ?

CSM vlans.

Is the same directly connected to both devices or is there extra L3 hops inbetween ?

If you can give us your config.

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

thanks for your repsonse. I have attached the network diagram where the database server in Vlan 25 (IP 10.10.96.10 Natted to 10.243.96.10 in the Core Firewall ) needs to be accessed by application server (Real IP 10.10.96.101,.100,.102 ) VIP 10.243.225.6 port 8000 behind CSM in catalyst 6500. Database server can ping the VIP but the real servers cannot ping the NAT ip of the database server. The only command I have added is the static nat virtual.But nothing more. Kindly help.Pls let me know if u need any other info.

Kas

Hi,

I do not think this is a CSM issue.

The config is ok and there is nothing required to allow this traffic through the CSM.

I would suggest to sniff vlan 2 and see if the traffic from the Real servers is coming out correctly nated by the CSM and if a response is received from the Database Server.

Could be the firewall blocking this traffic.

Gilles.

Hi Giles,

I solved it.. In the command set for server initiated connection I had added the following in the CSM

1. static nat

2. real

And it worked..

Thanks for your assistance and time.. Hope to bother you again in the near future with CSS

Regards

Kaustav