cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Shut Off WAAS?

bbeal-spang
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to be able to test the difference for when WAAS is Optimizing and when it is not. I have 2 inline WAE's. I am specifically interested in measuring the impact of WAAS on RDP between the 2 sites with the WAE's. So, the first thing I did was de-Activate both WAE's. When I use the GUI to the Central Manager, it indicates that nothing is being reported by the Connection Statistics. However, when I connect to the WAE's themselves and "show tfo conn summ", I see that the WAE's are still optimizing traffic between them. Next, I tried going to the Device Group Policy Definitions and changing the Remote-Anything policy to Passthru, but the connections are still being optimized. Finally, I tried using the GUI to reload the WAE's, but that did not actually Reload them :-(

Any ideas on how to turn WAAS optimization on and off for WAE's in inline mode? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

Under the inline interface configuration:

no inline vlan all

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

Under the inline interface configuration:

no inline vlan all

Thanks! That did it. Can I ask what the point of the No Activate button in the CM GUI, besides shutting off reporting, but not shutting off optimization?

Good point. Activating the WAE with central manager only always for reporting and being able to send configuration changes to the WAEs as opposed to using CLI.

Understand, WAEs auto-discover each other when a TCP SYN packet is intercepted and optimization occurs between the WAEs. CMS registration allows for optimization reporting and Device / Device Group configuration.

Let me know if you need anything further

Rob

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

or

shutdown inline interface - Inline adapter has a mechanical fail to wire, so shutting down will bypass WAE

I recommend the no inline vlan all command on the inline interface configuration

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: