Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to troubleshoot SCA 11000 crash....

Hi,

I'm having a problem where my SCA 11000 (working in with a CSS) is going down around once a week, and we are just testing it is not in production yet. When this happens it's not enough to restart it, we have to shut it down, unplug the power cables, plug them back and restart. If we don't do this it will not work.

I'm going to setup a syslog server to gather more information. Any one can advice on the best way to troubleshoot a problem with a SCA, what information could be gather.

Thanks in for any help.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: how to troubleshoot SCA 11000 crash....

What do you mean exactly by going down ?

If this is a crash, the box reload by itself.

Is this the case ?

If so, what happens after the reload ?

Try to connect a PC on the console port and capture everything sent by the SCA at the time it goes down.

Also, what software version do you have ?

Gilles.

Re: how to troubleshoot SCA 11000 crash....

The SCA will just stop responding (not even to ping)and it didn't reload it self. After a power down it will resume operations until next crash.

I open a case and was inform that the problem was related to our software version (3.2.0) and OPENSLL. We upgraded to version 4.1.0.12, hopefully this will solve the problem. I will like to go to the lastest version 4.2.0.15 but not sure if it's supported for the SCA 11000, waitting for a reply to know if it's possible.

Thanks,

Patrick

Views
Helpful
Replies