Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

how to upgrade to lower version

Greating,

I have CSS11506 and current version is 07.50.1.03. I am going to upgrade it to version 08.10.2.05.

However, if the upgrade will cause any problem, I need down-grade to original version.

Could anyone advice me how to down-grade?

Does it use upgrade command again? if not, please advice me the procedure or URL.

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Application Networking
4 REPLIES

Re: how to upgrade to lower version

I have forgot asked another question:

currently with version 7.50.1.03 I have

Licensed Cmd Set(s): Standard Feature Set

Enhanced Feature Set

Secure Management

after upgrade to the version 08.10.2.05, will I lose the enhanced/secure feature?

do I have to requist new PAK number?

Please advice. Many Thanks.

Cisco Employee

Regarding the License issue, coming from 7.50 you should be safe.

If you encounter any issue, just email licensing@cisco.com with a 'show ver' and a 'show chassis'.

Gaetan

Cisco Employee

Hi,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080405727.html

You use the same command to downgrade indeed. The CSS can hold up to 4 different images, so make sure that in the #show installed-software you have the two images you want to keep.

Once you have upgraded, if you want to revert back to the previous version, do as follow:

CSS# conf t

CSS(config)# boot

CSS(config-boot)# primary boot-file

CSS(config-boot)# reboot

If for some reason you experience an issue and cannot access the CLI, then use the OffDm as follow to recover:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/contnetw/ps792/products_conf​i​guration_guide_chapter09186a0080405589.html

my cisco web access can not read cisco partner sites. Could you please advice me where I can find them?

Many Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies