Views
Helpful
Replies

HSE 1.9 and RADIUS

its-networking
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my HSE to use a RADIUS server so I can give users access to the HSE in order to monitor our CSM and CSS devices.

Would anyone happen to know what has to be contained in the cisco-avpair that the HSE expects from the RADIUS server?

I haven't been able to find any documentation that fully explains this.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Yes, I have seen that documentation, and tried the format as listed there.

Unfortunately it didn't work.

Cheers.

Also, I should add that I am trying to get it working with a standalone RADIUS server, not the Cisco product shown in the document above.

dkirsch
Level 1
Level 1

I'll get a copy of an example to post here for you if you still need this.

lyu2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the cisco doc give the guideline for HSE been authenticated in TACACS+ /Radius. But not for the CSS/CSM. One thing maybe helpful is adding the CSS/CSM devices to ACS server.

Let me know if this guide solves the issue for you. If not please let me know where we are missing (noting the other comment about adding device to the RADIUS as well for it's own authentication tasks). u

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps150/prod_connection_guide09186a00802b2bae.html

Cheers,

David K.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The guide linked by dkirsch seems to be the same document that was linked earlier.

I am using the Radiator RADIUS server, not ACS or CiscoWorks.

The authentication part works, and the RADIUS server sends back a Radius-Accept to the HSE, it seems to be that the cisco-avpair that I am sending back is wrong, and the HSE doesn't know what to do with it.

I've tried sending back "HSE:groups=HSEAdmin" in the response, and several variations, but the HSE doesn't like it.

It would be great if I could work out what the HSE expects in the reply so I can make RADIUS tell the HSE what group a user belongs to.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: