Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Important Java/Explorer Issue

Hi ,

I have an important question , Is there a way for the ACE appliance to distinguish between Java 1 and Java 2 enabled browsers ?

and/or Is there a way to distinguish between explorer 7 and explorer 8 clients?

please help .

thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Important Java/Explorer Issue

You should sniff a request made by those clients and see if there is any difference in the header.

You can then do a class-map to match that specific header info.

Gilles.

yes , I tried that , for some reason it didnt work

I found a difference in the "user agent" field in the header that is different between IE7 and IE8

I created a class map to match it but it doesnt work

how can I troublshoot ? what commands can I issue to see if there are any "hits" on the class-map ?

Cisco Employee

Could you share your config.

I can check the class-map.

There is not much you can do to see which class-map is being hit except giving it a try in a control environment.

Gilles.

not much to share , I am pretty sure the class map isnt matching what I want.

I found a difference in the header of IE7 and IE8 at the User-Agent field

in IE7 :

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)

in IE8 :

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C)

I want to match "MSIE 7.0"  or   "MSIE 8.0" inside the field and make SLB based on that information

I created a class to match that field but no matter what I put in the "header value" it doesnt match and defaults to class-default.

I tried using regular expressions too.

could you help me and tell me what value I need to type in order for the class-map to match ?

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies