cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interpreting show tfo connection summary output

Nigel Bowden
Level 2
Level 2

In the output from the 'show tfo connection summary output' command there are 3 sections :

- Optimized Connection List

- Auto-Discovery Connection List

- Pass-Through Connections

The 'Pass-Through Connections' section is fairly self-evident, but what is the difference between entries in the 'Auto-Discovery Connection List' and the 'Optimized Connection List' sections ?

Also, I have some output that I am having difficulty interpreting :

Auto-Discovery Connection List

E: Established, S: Syn, A: Ack, F: Fin, R: Reset

s: sent, r: received, O: Options, P: Passthrough

Local-IP:Port Remote-IP:Port Conn-Type Orig-St Term-St

10.250.216.5:4050 10.250.195.3:27903 Int. Server SAsO UNU

10.250.195.7:443 10.250.216.5:27655 Ext. Server SAsO SAr

What are do the 'Int. Server' and 'Ext. Server' types mean under the column 'Conn-Type' ?

What are 'Orig-st' and 'Term-st'abbreviations for ? Original state/terminated state ??

Finally, what does the UNU under the Term-st column mean ?

Apologies for the many questions, but I can't find any answers in the Cisco config or command ref guides...

Thanks

Nigel.

Thanks

Nigel.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Nigel,

The optimized connection list shows connections that are established and being optimized. The auto-discovery connection list shows connections that are still in the auto-discovery phase (i.e. the 3-way setup handshake has not completed).

The designation 'Int. Server' or 'Ext. Server' indicates whether the connection is sourced/destined from/to an internal process (such as WAFS, telnet, etc.) or an external host.

'Orig-st' and 'Term-st' are as you described them.

UNU = unknown.

Zach

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Nigel,

The optimized connection list shows connections that are established and being optimized. The auto-discovery connection list shows connections that are still in the auto-discovery phase (i.e. the 3-way setup handshake has not completed).

The designation 'Int. Server' or 'Ext. Server' indicates whether the connection is sourced/destined from/to an internal process (such as WAFS, telnet, etc.) or an external host.

'Orig-st' and 'Term-st' are as you described them.

UNU = unknown.

Zach