Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IP/TV server management

All IP/TV servers are basically just Windows 200 Servers. For thos that have these servers can you please share your experiences in:

- Running VIRUS protection on them, we run MacAfee Netshield, can we install run this on the IP/tv servers with NO problems?

- Running remote console utilities - we use Timbuktu, can we install this without a problem.

Are we violating any support contracts with Cisco if we install such utilities?

Thanks for any feedback

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: IP/TV server management

Running McAffee Netshield should not be a problem and is highly recommended. About Timbuktu, I have not used the product, but do not see any problems running it as long as IP/TV software works fine. Recommended remote desktop sharing utilities are - MS Netmeeting and VNC.

Green

Macafee is no problem.

There really is no need for a "remote console;" the Content Manager is all you really need to change things, add content, permissions, schedule, etc. It's an Apache-based web interface.

The newer series of IPTV have no external drives (floppies / CDs) ... so there's not much you can do sitting in front of 'em that you can't do through the web interface.

FWIW

Scott

Scott,

I'm trying to setup a Cisco 3417 Content Startup Server. How do I add content?

Green

The content can be captured through the hardware encoder, it can be FTP'd to or from the 3417, or you can set up a shared volume and "drag & drop" from other systems.

-Scott

I don't have a users guide and I'm trying to add a video from a VCR. Could you give me some specific instructions, please?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content