Keepalive for Single web server with Multiple URLs
We require to configure CSS ( cisco 11500 series) switch configuration. Currently we have the settings mentioned below :
1. We have two IIS servers behind CSS switch hosting multiple websites for load balancing.
2. Keepalive type we are using is HTTP-HEAD
3. There is one virtual IP assigned to the CSS switch for all websites.
Now we have to provide the keep-alive URIs for the CSS switch. I am not sure which URI we have to provide for keepalive status check.
As per my understanding
1. there would be DNS entries for the websites pointing to the VIP of the CSS switch
e.g abc.com --> VIP
xyz.com --> VIP
aaa.com --> VIP
2. Name based virtual hosting to be configured on IIS server (i.e host header configuration)
3. We have to provide the URI for the keepalive prameters. As there are multiple websites are hosted on the server,firstly , is it possible in CSS switch to configure multiple keepalives for different websites ? secondly is it possible to give the complete URL (http://abc.com ) in the URI parameter of keepalive settings ? typically these settings are like
IP address : < IP address of Node >
URI : /index.html
I am not clear how this all settings will work. What is the ideal way or best practice of configuring the load balancing in the scenario of multiple websites to be hosted on IIS servers with CSS switch loadbalancer.
Is it correct to assign 1 VIP for multiple websites on server nodes?
This document will provide screenshots to outline the steps to setup
TACACS+ configuration to ACI and also the configuration required on
Cisco ACS server. Please find the official Cisco guide for configuring
TACACS+ Authentication to ACI:
Is it supported or NOT supported? It's a frequently asked question.
Before APIC, release 2.3(1f), transit routing was not supported within a
single L3Out profile. In APIC, release 2.3(1f) and later, you can
configure transit routing with a single L3Out pr...
Cisco Documents are usually accurate, but when it came to the document
on Cisco APIC Signature-Based Transactions it was slightly off the mark.
This document is for those novices to API like me who cant seem to
figure out how to go about performing signat...