cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Kernal Crash files and / or User Core files detected'

rekdal163
Level 1
Level 1

wae 502 4.0.17b14 just threw this major error this morning 'Kernal Crash files and / or User Core files detected' following file was in the /core_dir core.java.4.0.17.b14.cnbuild.5975.gz.

i was tweeking an application policiy at the time but nothing more then adding full optimization to ms terminal services. dont see any further info in the logs. is this something i should be alarmed about or is it just a hiccup. any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

9 Replies 9

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Randy,

We will need to core file in order to analyze the crash. Is the WAFS Edge or Core service enabled on this device?

Once you have downloaded the file from the WAE, you can delete it from the core_dir directory. This will clear the alarm for the device.

Thanks,

Zach

Zach,

we are running WAFS Edge services on the WAE.

the dump file is available at ftp.amarillonationalbank.org username:network w\no password. file name is "core.java.4.0.17.b14.cnbuild.5975.gz" and is 13MB.

let me know if you have any trouble with the DL

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

We have seen this issue once before, but have not been able to reproduce it. Is it possible for you to reproduce this? If so, can you please send me the steps required?

Thanks,

Zach

I will try this weekend while the branch is down. seems that I had some printing issues immediately following the dump that were not reported untill the following afternoon, so I don't want to play while the users are around.

will let you know the result monday.

Thanks

Randy

Zach,

I was not able to reproduce the trouble. will post if it happens again, are theree any other logs that might hold a clue to what happened ?

Thanks,

Randy

Randy,

Thanks for the update. If you can provide a full system report, I can see what we can find.

Zach

Zach,

full system report is available at ftp.amarillonationalbank.org username:network w\no password. file name is WAFS.tgz.

Thanks again for your help

Randy

Randy,

Thanks for the system report. It's looks like you are running into CSCsm55511. This will be resolved in our upcoming 4.0.19 release, which is targeted for the May/June timeframe.

Thanks,

Zach

thanks for the update

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: