cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Kindly need assistance to do a "no shutdown" on a 9300 leaf switch working in aci mode

aabdulma86
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Nexus 93180YC-EX working as a leaf switch in an ACI environment. The leaf was working fine, but I did a "decommision" on the leaf because I wanted to change the Node-Id for it.

After doing a decommision and also deleting the Node from the Fabric membership, the switch did a reload and reset its configuration and came up with a clean config.

However, ports 1/49 and 1/50 (40gig uplinks) SEEM to be in "shutdown" state; the reason I believe this:

1- The ports LED is orange.

2- When I insert the SFPs into the ports, the LED stays orange.

3- There is no optical light inside the SFP pins from the inside.

4- Removing the SFPs and putting them on another switch that has its ports in Admin Up state shows that the SFPs are working fine because the port LED changes from Orange to no color and the optical light inside the SFP is lit red.

I did "acidiag touch clean" and also ("setup-bootvars.sh <firmware image>" + "setup-clean-config.sh <firmware image>") but the same issue still exists.

Currently the leaf switch is not joined to the APIC (it is showing "none" prompt) and although the uplinks are connected to the spine switches but the links are Orange from the leaf switch side.

Is there a way to do a "no shut" on the leaf switch ports from the ibash prompt?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: