Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

least connections

May be that I understood the least connections concept wrong.

When I use basic load balancing like least connections in combination with an adv bal sticky method, does it mean a brand new session with out any sticky component, will just be applied blindly with least connections balancing method, immaterial of what the current number sticky connections on to a particular service be.

Just to re-word, assuming you employ 2 servers. You got a service1 with 3 sticky connections and service2 with 1 sticky connections, how a brand new connection will be load balanced when you use least connections. Will it account the current queue length or not?

I can understand the Round robin, never an issue with what the current queue with or with out stickies.

thanks

• Application Networking
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: least connections

leastconn will check the number of ACTIVE connections and select the server will the lowest value.

Gilles.

Silver

Re: least connections

Gilles

I assume what you mean by active connections, is where the two-way communication is occurring...?

thank you

Ajaz

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.