Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LocalDirector400series How to configure RVR

As I cant find any doc on how to configure RVR (Real-to-Virtual-to-Real) see http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/cc/pd/cxsr/400/tech/lobal_wp.htm (search RVR).

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me. (please with configuration commands i.e. an Configuration Example) Thanks.

• Application Networking
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: LocalDirector400series How to configure RVR

I guess RVR (real-virtual-real) allows a group of real servers to talk to another group of real servers by talking to the VIP.

Although there is a mention in the documents that the LD supports RVR, I could not find any configuration example to illustrate the same. Try searching the configuration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/localdir/ldv42/421guide/

Anonymous
N/A

Hi,

hope I understood your question...

You have a group of real-server behind a virtual IP and another group of real servers behind another VIP. This differnt group should communicate which each other via the VIPs of those groups?

I'am doing that with different VLANs on a switch connected to the localdirector. I configured 4 VLANs on a CAT2924 and bridge them together over 4 Ports of my LD417 as the documentation states that LD is functioning like a bridge. So all real servers are in the same IP subnet. The first group of real servers is communicating via the VIP (of the second group) with the (real-)servers of the second group.

Is that what you want to do?

Best regards

Roland

Hi Roland

Thanks. (and sorry for the late reply, my "project" concerning RVR has been "frozen" for a while).

The way you use RVR make sence (and is probably the only way to make it work). But as I "only" have a 416 (i.e. only 2 interfaces) your solution is no option. But thanks again.

Best regards.

Gert Schaarup

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.