Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring the Cisco ACE module with SNMP

patrik.spiess
Level 1
Level 1

We use 2 redundant Cisco ACE loadbalancer in our datacenter

The models are ACE20-MOD-K9 with software A2(2.0)

Does anybod know how to monitor the environment (cpu, memory) of such a module with snmp?

We were not able to find an applicable MIB for that module.

The CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.oid (ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/oid/CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.oid) seems not to reflect the correct oid's.

What are the correct oid's for cpu and memory?

Where can I find a detailed documentation for snmp-monitoring the cisco ace module?

thanks

4 Replies 4

patrik.spiess
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading to version A2(3.0) it still seems not to be easy to monitor the system environment with snmp.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Patrik

Hi Patrik,

The PROCESS mib (attached) is the only one for monitoring the CPU and memory.  It is module wide and not per-context.  If you open the MIB file, you'll see the most information on each MIB available.  If you load the MIB into a SNMP tool and do a MIB walk, you'll see all the instances fill in with descriptions.

Sean

Hi Patrik,

to monitor the ACE I use these two MIB's:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-SLB-MIB.my

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-ENHANCED-SLB-MIB.my

Example for CPU:

cpmCPUTotalEntry 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.1.1.1

The resource usage and other interesting things you will find with a MIB browser.

Achim

Ok thanks. So far so good.

I managed to see the cpu usage. but what about the memory?

It seems, that I can see the memory of each individual process (by snmpwalking 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.109.1.2.3.1.1.1)

But where do I find the total amount of the physical memory used?

Thanks

Patrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: