cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple MIBs for CSS

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I was looking for a MIB for the CSS and I find multiple MIBs here that begin with ALTIGA..

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/

My perl tools writer says he is expecting me to provide a single MIB for the CSS. Why are there multiple MIBs instead of a single one? Is there one mother of all MIBs for the CSS (11503)?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

CSS has SNMPv1 & SNMP V2 compatible MIBS.

SNMP v1 and v2 packet structures are different. If the device has SNMP v1 and V2 MIBs it is capable of receiving both formats. When you use your NMS system you tell it if you want to poll with v1 or v2. If you know you are only going to be working with one version than you can only load those MIBs.

Syed

Thanks Syed. What I am driving at is.. at Cisco's ftp site there appears to be multiple MIBs related to the CSS. e.g.

ALTIGA_interfaces..

ALTIGA_services..

ALTIGA_chassis

ALTIGA_whatever

My question is why are there multiple MIB files instead of a single MIB file for monitoring the CSS (earlier AKA Altiga.) Is there a single MIB file for the CSS that would be best for managing the CSS and where would I find it?

You can get the MIBS form CSS itself.

It will give you the MIBs for the version of WebNS

which is currently running.

You need to ftp into the CSS as an administrator.

cd into the mibs directory and then into v1 or v2

depending on the MIB version you are interested in.

Then download all the MIBs you like/need.

Syed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: