cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with layer 5 load balancing on a css11150

MarkElliott
Level 1
Level 1

I appear to be having issues with an initial call to a rule that has a long delay, this causes additional request from the css to the entire server farm. I am looking for the layer 5 load balancing spec so i can see what the timeout values are. if the initial call is short, it sticks to a single server with a single session. i am using advanced balance arrowpoint cookie and have to have the sticky sessions.

4 Replies 4

stevehall
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

Can you paste in your current rule, as well as any other rules with the same VIP address?

When you say it has a long delay, you mean the client pauses before sending the initial GET?

You might want to lengthen the time-out of flows for port 80 with the "flow port" command so the CSS will not time them out:

CSS(config)# flow port1 80 timeout 300

That option is not available in all version of CSS code. If it is not available, we can look at other options.

-Steve

Thanks for the help Steve, when i refer to the long delay, i am talking about an initial http://get that passes login variables with a db lookup function that takes anywhere from 15-45 seconds to process. This seems to cause the css to perform an initial load balance by re-sending the request to all 3 servers in the farm.

content secure-81-pd26

advanced-balance arrowpoint-cookie

protocol tcp

port 81

url "/*"

vip address 10.10.8.219

add service s-01

add service s-02

add service s-03

active

Mark,

If the request takes 15 to 45 seconds to send, you will need the "flow port" command I referenced.

Can you send in the version of software you are running? There may be other options based on that...

-Steve

i tried the flow port command for ports 80,81, and 443. the symptoms still remain. we are using a sonicwall ssl device and the crazy thing is that it works fine if we bypass ssl. we are running version 6.10 Build 203 on the css.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: