cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Newbie: Localdirector Basic Config of Multiple Interfaces

david.morrow
Level 1
Level 1

I am beginning the process of configuring a LocalDirector on my network for the first time and I have been stumped by a very simple problem which I am sure has a simple answer.....I just cannot see it.

My LD has 4 interfaces, e0-e3. I have easily configured the unit's IP address using the IP address command, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to assign an IP address on e1, e2 etc? In "config" , when I type "interface e1" all I get is the command usage for setting the speed etc. I am used to IOS, in which "int e1" would take me to the config options for that interface, including IP addressing etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

pgolding
Level 1
Level 1

Local director is not a router, it is a "bridge", so it only has one IP address which is used on all interfaces. The first ethernet interface MAC address is used for all interfaces also.

javecilla
Level 1
Level 1

You only assign a single address to the box, regardless of how many nic cards you have installed on a LD. If you have a secondary box for failover, you would then assign a "failover ip address" to the standby LD. And a "write standby" would copy the primary config to the stanby LD - pre-requisites is that you have a failover cable attached to both boxes and a x-crossover for each LD.

John