Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Nexus 7000 VPC questions

We have 2 Nexus 7010 switches connected to each other with trunk port-channel and to uplink routers. There are some dual-homed with STP switches also connected with trunks to N7k.

We want to migrate to VPC feature. But network is large and it is not possible to move all connections to VPC at one moment. 

At the first step we want to form VPC with one of the dual-homed access switches and to test this feature some days. If it will work correct then we'll migrate the other part of our network to VPC.

I read a lot about VPC but still have some questions:

1.  Is it possible to have VPC vlan on VPC peer-link and on other trunk link beetwen N7k's? As I understood in case when between N7k's there is a trunk port-channel with all vlans and VPC peer-link, then all unicast packets will follow to the thunk port-channel. On VPC peer-link will run only some control protocols. Or I need to exclude VPC vlans from trunk between N7k's and all interswitches trafic in this vlans will carry VPC link?

2. If a VLAN is added to VPC then it become a vpc vlan. And all ports (access or trunks) with this VLAN without vpc key are orphan ports. In case of peer-link failure all orphan ports will be up and only VPC member ports will be in error-disabled state?

3. Will the network be stable when there are some dual-homed access switches with STP and some with VPC? VLANs are the same in both cases.

Thanks to all!

Views
Helpful
Replies