cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Server on ACE 4710 Appliance

santipongv
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to put ACE 4710 Appliance in a DMZ to load balance in-bound traffic to serverfarm(s); however there is no NTP server for servers in that zone.  I was wondering if I can use ACE 4710 Appliance as a NTP server for those servers.  There are only 2 NTP commands - peer & server in version A3(2.2)  Thank you in advance.

Version A3(2.2)

ACE4710/Admin(config)# ntp ?
  peer    NTP Peer address
  server  NTP server address

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The ACE 4710 can only sync with an NTP peer or an NTP server.  It will not send NTP advertisements out an interface.  Perhaps you have an IOS router in your DMZ that you can configure as an NTP server.  Then the ACE and other NTP clients can sync their time to that router.

Sean

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The ACE 4710 can only sync with an NTP peer or an NTP server.  It will not send NTP advertisements out an interface.  Perhaps you have an IOS router in your DMZ that you can configure as an NTP server.  Then the ACE and other NTP clients can sync their time to that router.

Sean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: