Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Reset CSS 11000 SCA

fvg_cisco_user
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am a total newbie to content networking (just a software engineer wearing too many hats), so please bear with me.

I have a CSS 11000 SCA behind a 2950 switch / 2600 router and of the SSL certificate on the SCA needs to be replaced (it expired last month). Unfortunatelly, I do not have the password for the 11000, and I will have to reset it somehow.

I read the manual on how to do that, but it also says that using FailSafe would wipe out all the other certificates and configuration settings to their factory defaults.

Now, since I do not have the password, I can't copy the configuration to an ftp server. Any ideas on how I can go about reseting the password and preserving all my other settings/SSL cerificates?

Thank you in advance

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately there is no way.

Most devices will erase certificates info after a password recovery to make sure no malicious person could get a device and reuse the certificates after doign a password recovery.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: