cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

process for placing files in an ACE context in both devices

robert.mcclain
Level 1
Level 1

I want to add a crypto file to both ACE web contexts, I have a FT group configured for this context.

I know I have to stop or shut down the FT group in order to write to the Web context on the secondary ACE.

What I have been doing is taking the FT group out of service on the primary ACE, writing the files to both contexts and then putting the FT group back in service. My concern is when this FT group comes back on line that some of the configuration of the secondary ACE might get written to the primary.

What is the best practice to do this?

1 Reply 1

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Robert,

Just copy the crytpo files to the device which is missing those files and once files are copied and matched, go to ACTIVE device and do this:

config# no ft auto-sync running-conifg

config# ft auto-sync running-config.

Do the same for startup-config as well and everything should be fine.  There should be no configuration copied from secondary to primary since SYNC always happens from ACTIVE to standby. You don't need to do no inservice and inservice on FT group. Also, you can run the above command from specific contexts or from Admin context(will do bulk sync for all contexts).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Kanwal

NOTE: Please mark answers if they helped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: