cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proxy rule for CE

ngorenko
Level 1
Level 1

I have one CE configured as a transporent proxy for the clients. The DNS is located in SP. There is one intranet-web-site that requires special proxy. The DNS does not know anything about this site.

I created proxy-rule in CE, but does not work. I sniffed the traffic and I see that CE still tries 1st of all resolve the ip address with DNS, instead of redirect this traffic to different proxy.

The rule looks as:

rule enable

rule action use-proxy 168.192.1.17 8080 pattern-list 10 protocol all

rule pattern-list 10 url-regex \http://home.intranet.client.com/

Does somebody has suggestions what to do?

1 Reply 1

mvoight
Level 1
Level 1

Natalia,

Have you verified the requests actually go to the server instead of the proxy, or only that the CE is doing a DNS lookup. Below is what the documentation states for rules, so it might be important to see what the proxy request looks like.

Michael Voight

CSE

If a rule is configured with a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and a request is received with the partial domain name in transparent mode, the rule fails to be executed, because the FQDN is not in the request URL. In transparent mode, if a request is destined for a particular domain (for which a domain rule is configured) and does not contain the Host header, the rule pattern match fails.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: