Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Proxy rule for CE

I have one CE configured as a transporent proxy for the clients. The DNS is located in SP. There is one intranet-web-site that requires special proxy. The DNS does not know anything about this site.

I created proxy-rule in CE, but does not work. I sniffed the traffic and I see that CE still tries 1st of all resolve the ip address with DNS, instead of redirect this traffic to different proxy.

The rule looks as:

rule enable

rule action use-proxy 168.192.1.17 8080 pattern-list 10 protocol all

rule pattern-list 10 url-regex \http://home.intranet.client.com/

Does somebody has suggestions what to do?

1 REPLY
Community Member

Re: Proxy rule for CE

Natalia,

Have you verified the requests actually go to the server instead of the proxy, or only that the CE is doing a DNS lookup. Below is what the documentation states for rules, so it might be important to see what the proxy request looks like.

Michael Voight

CSE

If a rule is configured with a fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and a request is received with the partial domain name in transparent mode, the rule fails to be executed, because the FQDN is not in the request URL. In transparent mode, if a request is destined for a particular domain (for which a domain rule is configured) and does not contain the Host header, the rule pattern match fails.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content